Figures, Data, Facts
Carinthia: Figures, Data, Facts: (Source: statistisches Handbuch des Landes Kärnten – Statistical Book of Carinthia, year 55, Data of 2009)
Do you know that Carinthia has an area of 9,536 km² and that people living in our federal state are 559,315?
- that the state boundaries are 689 km long (Styria: 192 km, Slovenia: 170 km, Italy: 109 km)?
- that Carinthia has more than 10 political districts, 32 municipalities and 2,829 villages?
- that 93,949 inhabitants live in Klagenfurt, the chief town of this Land?
- that among the foreign citizens of Carinthia (38,407), a fourth of them comes from Germany (9,466 people), 1,674 come from Slovenia, and 1,402 from Italy?
- that life expectancy for men is 77.6 years and for women 83.4 years?
- that 447 general practitioners, 575 medical specialists, 289 dentists and 1,030 hospital doctors are responsible for medical services?
- that there are 87 public pharmacies, 66 domestic pharmacies, and 3 pharmacies belonging to institutes and convents?
- that there are 22 aid stations and 115 aid vehicles, which cover 9,899.995 kilometers?
- that, among employed people, 47 % of women and 53 % of men make a job ensuring them what they need?
- that 1,698 new companies have been founded? 379 companies have settled in Klagenfurt, 207 in the Spittal/Drau district and 193 in the town of Villach.
- that there have been 19,599 new car registrations? The favourite brand has been VW (3,378 new registrations), followed by Ford (1,695) and Renault (1,630)?
- that 264 electrically operated vehicles are in use?
- that in the airport of Klagenfurt there have been 8,101 departure/arrival flights?
- that the Hermagor district has more than one million of overnights all over the year and its administrative center Hermagor-Pressegger See
- is the first tourism resort of Carinthia, followed by Villach and St. Kanzian by Lake Klopein ?
- that there are 224 nursery schools, 102 pre-schools , 283 primary schools , 71 secondary schools, 23 academic secondary schools and 60 high schools?
- that in 67 primary schools 1,831 students follow lessons in German or Slovenian languages?
- that 6,336 regular auditors are registered at the University of Klagenfurt, and among them 4,044 are women?
- that there are 72 local music schools and 8 district music schools attended by 19,272 students?
- that there are 15 dailies, 15 local and regional newspapers and 8 weekly magazines?
- that there are 419 fire brigades, and among them 399 are voluntary, 1 is public and 19 have no public credit?