Disease: COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019)
The coronavirus crisis is posing huge challenges for our society. For us to overcome it, the contribution of each and every person is urgently required.
All the relevant bodies in Carinthia are in close and continuous consultation with one another. Carinthia is also in constant contact with the Federal Government, the other provinces and the neighbouring countries, and is being informed of the developments there.
You can find the current situation at https://www.sozialministerium.at/Themen/Gesundheit/Uebertragbare-Krankheiten/Infektionskrankheiten-A-Z/Neuartiges-Coronavirus.html
Information on the website of the Office for Ethnic Minorities in Slovenian: https://www.ktn.gv.at/SI/Verwaltung/Amt-der-Kaerntner-Landesregierung/Abteilung-1/Volksgruppen_Menschenrechte/INFORMATIONEN%20ZUM%20CORONAVIRUS
We are amalgamating information and recommendations for you here.
If you develop symptoms of the disease: remain at home and contact the 24-hour hotline on 1450
Carinthian coronavirus hotline: 050 536 53003
Citizens’ service of the Province of Carinthia: 050 536 22 132
AGES information line for general questions about the coronavirus: 0800 555 621 (round the clock)
Hotline and website of the Chamber of Labour and the Austrian Trade Union Federation (ÖGB) for questions about labour law: 0800 22 12 00 80; www.jobundcorona.at
Federal Economic Chamber hotline for business owners: 05 90 90 4-808
Social Insurance Authority for the self-employed: 050 808 808
Hotline for extraordinary civilian service: 0800 500 183
Hotline of the Austrian Consumers’ Association (VKI) for questions about travel law: 0800 201 211
Media enquiries concerning Carinthia: Mag. Gerd Kurath, 0664 8053610201
I feel ill – what should I do?
Please do not go to the doctor, but call the telephone health advice number 1450 or your GP if you
- start to feel ill,
- develop symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, other respiratory symptoms, a fever or the symptoms of a flu-like infection, and within the past 14 days you were in one of the defined risk zones,
- require medical help for other reasons.
Tips for protecting your fellow occupants within the 14-day period:
- Wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds with soap and water, and if possible use paper towels or your own hand towel that is intended just for you.
- Maintain hygiene around sneezing and coughing. Cough or sneeze into a tissue (which is then disposed of immediately in separated waste) or into your elbow.
- Washing your hands is necessary in any case after you sneeze or cough, and after every time you go to the toilet. If applicable, disinfect your hands after this too.
- Clean the toilet and all the handles in your home and the taps daily with normal cleaning products.
- Keep a distance of 2 metres from other people when talking to them.
- If you live with other people, stay in separate rooms as far as possible. If you are in direct contact, you can protect your surroundings by wearing a protective mask over your nose and mouth.
Events totally cancelled
No more than five people are allowed to meet in the same place at the same time. The only exceptions are those activities that serve to combat the coronavirus.
Restrictions in retail and gastronomy
Shops that do not serve to provide basic supplies remain closed. Food stores, pharmacies, drugstores, post offices and banks explicitly remain open. Restaurants, bars, coffee houses, etc. are also closed. The supply of food is guaranteed via supermarkets and delivery services.
Restrictions on visiting hospitals
Relatives of people who are in hospital as inpatients are asked not to visit the sick person, or to restrict their visit to a minimum. Contact by phone is also recommended here.
In addition, all Austrian universities are closed to reduce the risk of infection.
Closures of schools and kindergartens
Schools and kindergartens are closed. Children whose parents have to pursue urgent professional activities and for whom no other childcare options can be found will continue to be cared for in the schools and kindergartens.
Health spas and rehabilitation facilities
Health spas are closed. Rehabilitation facilities may only be entered in the case of strictly necessary medical rehabilitation measures following acute medical treatment.
Closures and cancelled events within the sphere of influence of the Province of Carinthia:
“Department 6 – Education and Sport”: the following facilities are closed:
- Konzerthaus Klagenfurt
- Gustav Mahler Private University for Music
- Vocational secondary schools
- Schools of healthcare and nursing in Klagenfurt and Villach (and the associated boarding school)
- CMA – Carinthian Music Academy: all events cancelled until 15.04.2020
- Music schools
- Premises at the Sportpark Klagenfurt: WAC Kärnten Akademie, Olympic Centre Carinthia
- IBB – Institut für Bildung und Beratung: all events/training are cancelled until after Easter
“Department 2 – Finance, Investments and Real Estate Management”: personal visits to the following offices have been suspended until further notice:
- Housing subsidies – administration centre at Mießtaler Straße 1
- Labour market and apprenticeships – municipal offices at Völkermarkter Ring 29
- Adult education, teaching activities from the Province of Carinthia – municipal offices at Völkermarkter Ring 29
“Department 9 – Roads and Bridges”:
- NO vehicle approvals at provincial testing centres
- NO official vehicle testing
- NO personal visits to the offices
- No appointments will be issued either for an indefinite period
- The department can be contacted by phone or email: 050 536 19112, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Department 14 – Art and Culture”: until further notice closed until 3 April 2020:
- Stadttheater Klagenfurt (up to and including 2 April 2020)
- Carinthian Museum of Modern Art (MMKK)
- Armorial Hall in the Landhaus
- Botanical garden of the Kärntner Botanikzentrum
- Carinthian Provincial Archives – reading room and secretarial office (until 3 April 2020)
- Official ceremony celebrating the 50th anniversary of the music schools on 2 April
- Expert conference of the provincial drug coordinators; conference on 25/26 March in Klagenfurt
- Meeting of the Forschungs- und Wissenschaftsrat Kärnten (Carinthian Research and Science Council) on 30/31 March
- All events at the Konzerthaus Klagenfurt until 3 April
- Bundesjugendsingen (Austrian Youth Choir Contest) postponed – Carinthia host in 2021 too –Next Landesjugendsingen (Carinthian Youth Choir Contest) also in 2021
The following are also closed:
- Agricultural schools
- Provincial Administrative Court
- Training centre/University of Applied Sciences at the Klinikum Klagenfurt
- Office for Ethnic Minorities
Please only trust official information!