Disease: COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019)
We are amalgamating information and recommendations for you here.
If you develop symptoms of the disease: remain at home and contact the 24-hour hotline on 1450
Carinthian coronavirus hotline: 050 536 53003
AMT DER KÄRNTNER LANDESREGIERUNG
Parties must use a mask when entering the country's official buildings. This does not apply to children up to the age of six or to people who cannot be expected to wear a mask for health reasons. The mask can be brought by yourself or will be handed over at the entrance to the official building. Citizen Service Hotline 050 536 22 132
From Friday, May 15, 2020, the official buildings will open with special precautions:
• Limited party traffic from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
• You have to wear a mask (unless plexiglass protection is available)
• Keep at least one meter safety distance
• If there is a porter or security guard, you have to register with them
• Outside the party traffic times, party traffic only takes place after prior appointment or registration (call or radio bell at the entrance)
Please note the information boards at the entrances to the official buildings. There you will find the rules of conduct and telephone numbers for making contact.
AGES information line for general questions about the coronavirus: 0800 555 621 (round the clock)
Hotline and website of the Chamber of Labour and the Austrian Trade Union Federation (ÖGB) for questions about labour law: 0800 22 12 00 80; www.jobundcorona.at
Federal Economic Chamber hotline for business owners: 05 90 90 4-808
Social Insurance Authority for the self-employed: 050 808 808
Hotline for extraordinary civilian service: 0800 500 183
Hotline of the Austrian Consumers’ Association (VKI) for questions about travel law: 0800 201 211
Media enquiries concerning Carinthia: Mag. Gerd Kurath, 0664 8053610201
I feel ill – what should I do?
Please do not go to the doctor, but call the telephone health advice number 1450 or your GP if you
- start to feel ill,
- develop symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, other respiratory symptoms, a fever or the symptoms of a flu-like infection, and within the past 14 days you were in one of the defined risk zones,
- require medical help for other reasons.
Tips for protecting your fellow occupants within the 14-day period:
- Wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds with soap and water, and if possible use paper towels or your own hand towel that is intended just for you.
- Maintain hygiene around sneezing and coughing. Cough or sneeze into a tissue (which is then disposed of immediately in separated waste) or into your elbow.
- Washing your hands is necessary in any case after you sneeze or cough, and after every time you go to the toilet. If applicable, disinfect your hands after this too.
- Clean the toilet and all the handles in your home and the taps daily with normal cleaning products.
- Keep a distance of 2 metres from other people when talking to them.
- If you live with other people, stay in separate rooms as far as possible. If you are in direct contact, you can protect your surroundings by wearing a protective mask over your nose and mouth.
Closures and cancelled events within the sphere of influence of the Province of Carinthia:
“Department 6 – Education and Sport”: the following facilities are closed:
- Konzerthaus Klagenfurt
- Gustav Mahler Private University for Music
- Vocational secondary schools
- Schools of healthcare and nursing in Klagenfurt and Villach (and the associated boarding school)
- CMA – Carinthian Music Academy: all events cancelled until 15.04.2020
- Music schools
- Premises at the Sportpark Klagenfurt: WAC Kärnten Akademie, Olympic Centre Carinthia
- IBB – Institut für Bildung und Beratung: all events/training are cancelled until after Easter
“Department 2 – Finance, Investments and Real Estate Management”: personal visits to the following offices have been suspended until further notice:
- Labour market and apprenticeships – municipal offices at Völkermarkter Ring 29
- Adult education, teaching activities from the Province of Carinthia – municipal offices at Völkermarkter Ring 29
“Department 9 – Roads and Bridges”:
- NO vehicle approvals at provincial testing centres
- NO official vehicle testing
- NO personal visits to the offices
- No appointments will be issued either for an indefinite period
- The department can be contacted by phone or email: 050 536 19112, email: email@example.com
"Department 10 - Agriculture":
The seven school locations for agricultural schooling were closed from March 16, 2020. The “graduate days / meetings” that traditionally take place in spring were all canceled. In accordance with the requirements of the Federal Government, the schools are gradually being reopened. [Download stage plan]
„Department 11 – Housing“:
Housing subsidies – administration centre at Mießtaler Straße 1 - personal visits have been suspended until further notice
"Department 13 - Society and Integration"
Refugee office: party traffic only on Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Landesjugendreferat, generations, families and integration: party traffic only by appointment
"Department 14 - Art and Culture":
Carinthian Provincial Archives
Would be ready for opening on May 4, 2020. If the existing federal regulations remain, it will open on May 18, 2020.
- All measures taken in accordance with federal regulations
- 5 users will be able to work at the same time
- open-air museum Maria Saal, archeology park Magdalensberg, Roman museum Teurnia, Armorial Hall in the Landhaus, Botanical garden of the Kärntner Botanikzentrum open on May 30, 2020.
- All measures taken in accordance with the federal regulations
Carinthian Museum of Modern Art (MMKK)
Opening on May 30, 2020.
- All measures taken in accordance with federal regulations
- Continuation of the exhibitions "Pictures of a Landscape" and "Payer Gabriel" with "Last Things"
Stadttheater Klagenfurt is still closed.
- Official ceremony celebrating the 50th anniversary of the music schools on 2 April
- Expert conference of the provincial drug coordinators; conference on 25/26 March in Klagenfurt
- Meeting of the Forschungs- und Wissenschaftsrat Kärnten (Carinthian Research and Science Council) on 30/31 March
- All events at the Konzerthaus Klagenfurt
- Bundesjugendsingen (Austrian Youth Choir Contest) postponed – Carinthia host in 2021 too –Next Landesjugendsingen (Carinthian Youth Choir Contest) also in 2021
The following are also closed:
- Agricultural schools
- Provincial Administrative Court
- Training centre/University of Applied Sciences at the Klinikum Klagenfurt
- Office for Ethnic Minorities
Please only trust official information!